Product Manager, MASV Core
(Media & Entertainment)
At MASV we’re shaping the future of video production in the cloud.
If you are an execution-oriented product manager who loves to work with innovative customers, then MASV might be the place for you.
MASV is a fast-growing file transfer business serving some of the world’s best brands in media and entertainment. We embrace a product-led growth philosophy that puts customer value at the top of our priorities. We work hard to understand our customers’ pain, then relentlessly validate our solution designs in order to rapidly deploy new features.
MASV (www.massive.io) is seeking an experienced Product Manager, Media & Entertainment. This is an opportunity for a talented individual to join a growing team and work closely with established customers and a rich dataset of insights to quickly build and deploy great quality products.
As our product manager, you will:
- Drive product vision and strategy. You will own the product roadmap for our core product. Your expertise in media workflow, UX and enterprise file sharing will help you set our development priorities and expand our customers’ active usage
- Use data, UX conventions and the expertise of customers to implement sophisticated features in new, simpler ways
- Evolve our developer strategy. Work closely with our CTO to define our SDK and API roadmap. Your mission will be to curate an outstanding developer experience and make it effortless for developers everywhere to send and receive large files using the MASV platform
- Be provided with wide leeway to build an amazing developer relations program, inspired by exceptional developer-centric tools like Stripe, SendGrid, Twilio and more
- Epitomize the Joy of Specification. Write great specs for everything we need to build so tasks are executed in line with your vision and customers’ needs
- Collaborate with technical leads to achieve consensus on scope and development priorities, and to ensure successful and timely product releases
- Define how we measure the effectiveness of our products. Use these metrics to expand customer usage and drive continuous improvement of our product
- Create strong relationships with integration partners and continuously uncover new ways to create customer value via partnership
- Stay on top of trends in cloud collaboration. Generate innovative new ways for creative professionals to deliver their best-ever work, faster, from anywhere in the world
- Drive our developer go-to-market experience. Establish our developer engagement model, communication strategy, support strategy, and support developer advocacy
- Act as an ambassador for MASV. You will be a primary representative for our product in the Media and Entertainment community and our business generally. You will act as a thought leader in Media and Entertainment
- Inspire and motivate your colleagues to deliver innovative and exciting solutions. Contribute to a culture of productivity, infused with urgency and authentic commitment to customers
- Play a leadership role in our evolving work-from-anywhere business. From your home address somewhere in Canada (and from whereever you may physically choose to be), you will help us build asynchronous business processes and streamline the tasks that need to be executed on Eastern Time.
The successful candidate for this role is likely to possess:
- 5+ years in product management or developer experience
- Experience in filmmaking or pro video
- Strong empathy for customers. Experience in customer research and data analysis
- A passion for software development and a desire to make an impact in the developer world
- An understanding of SDK and API concepts. You may have developer relations experience
- Deep technical expertise that allows you to collaborate with customers and developers
- Strategic vision. You relate technology to use cases and envision a complete user experience
- An entrepreneurial attitude. You invent solutions on the fly and are excited by new challenges.
- A commitment to great design and user experience
- Excellent attention to detail, plus strong program management skills
- Experience with B2C and B2B SaaS products on web and mobile
- Excellent written and spoken English, communication, and leadership skills. You are a timely communicator
- Curiosity. You are a habitual learner. You keep up with trends and teach yourself what you need to know
- Optimism and a motivation to build a better future
- A sense of humour, exercised constantly
- Must be a Canadian resident and legally eligible to work in Canada
Benefits and Perks
Everyone who works at MASV benefits from a culture of continuous improvement, including professional development and peer mentorship opportunities.
We value our employees contributions and we put our money where our mouth is by making sure you are properly rewarded in your base salary.
Work From Anywhere
MASV embraces a true remote work lifestyle. We support our team remotely and ensure that your work from home environment is productive.
Stock Option Plan
Every new employee junior or senior gets options in the company and partial ownership. We are building this together so we should be rewarded together as the company grows.
We have a robust benefits program that provides comprehensive coverage for the majority of the things that matter most (prescriptions, dental, and vision).