Social Media and Community Manager
At MASV we’re shaping the future of video production in the cloud by making media transfer faster, easier, and cheaper. ✌️ It’s a mighty task and in order to help an ever-growing number of video professionals, we need an exceptional, self-motivated Social Media and Community Manager to help us on that journey.
MASV (www.massive.io) is looking for a humble but ambitious, razor-sharp Social Media and Community Manager whose primary focus will be the creation and growth of an authentic community of media & entertainment professionals through daily engagement with content that really helps.
If you are 1) pop-culture obsessed, 2) inspired by the art of filmmaking, 3) have a deep understanding and appreciation for internet and meme culture, and 4) committed to helping media professionals achieve their best work, then we want to hear from you.
To be successful in this role, you probably already can:
- Build and nurture an online community that will attract creative video professionals.
- Embody a strong sense of empathy to understand and address the needs of filmmakers, editors, and other media professionals
- Write social copy that is sharp, witty, and to the point, by transforming corporate and product messaging into content that’s appealing to humans.
- Design great-looking social posts in Canva or Adobe Creative Suite—or work with freelancers to develop creative assets.
- Create short, engaging videos that stop people from scrolling (and you’re comfortable on camera).
- Understand the nuances of individual platforms and cater messages/content accordingly.
- Build the MASV brand—inspiring positive discussion/buzz/hype, and establish a feedback loop with filmmakers and video professionals via social networking and community building.
- Evolve our content distribution strategy, promoting content to our target audience via various channels. Ensure MASV shows up on the channels our customers frequent.
- Monitor trends, challenges, and culturally relevant moments to stay proactive as our brand on social media, including scheduling and promoting content to support editorial calendar & product updates.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, partners, and departments such as Customer Success, Marketing, and Business Development.
- Continuously track and measure engagement data to better optimize your strategy while learning more about the world video professionals live in and their digital communities.
- Think outside the box and contribute ideas—you can teach us a thing or two (and we promise to return the favour)
- A university or college degree in something relevant, like marketing, filmmaking, multimedia production, commerce, communications, engineering…try us!
- 2+ years experience building or growing online communities, including forum moderation, customer advocacy, and program management, preferably in a SaaS or product-led company.
- Experience with established and emerging social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Discord, TikTok, etc.).
- An entrepreneurial and problem-solving spirit, solution-oriented, and focused on getting things done amid ambiguity in a fully remote work environment.
- A Canadian resident who is legally eligible to work in Canada.
Nice to Have:
- Professional video experience
- Experience in media and entertainment industry
We recognize that imposter syndrome and the confidence gap can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates. If you don’t meet every one of these requirements but you’re excited about the opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
Benefits and Perks
Everyone who works at MASV benefits from a culture of continuous improvement, including professional development and peer mentorship opportunities.
We value our employees contributions and we put our money where our mouth is by making sure you are properly rewarded in your base salary.
Work From Anywhere
MASV embraces a true remote work lifestyle. We support our team remotely and ensure that your work from home environment is productive.
Stock Option Plan
Every new employee junior or senior gets options in the company and partial ownership. We are building this together so we should be rewarded together as the company grows.
We have a robust benefits program that provides comprehensive coverage for the majority of the things that matter most (prescriptions, dental, and vision).