MASV Extended Storage | Store Files for Longer
MASV’s Extended Storage is a feature that allows you to set the delete date of a file stored in MASV to any amount of time you desire.
That means, for projects that last longer than 10 days (the current default storage period for MASV), you can make sure your data is still there when you need it.
Jump to section:
How to enable MASV Extended Storage?
- Switch the feature on by going into Settings > Team. *Please note that this settings option is available only to Team Owners.
Once the feature is turned on, you can set the default number of days that you would like your file to stay in storage. You can always come back and change it later but it only applies to packages sent after the default is set. Make sure that you click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
This will enable the feature on Send Files, Portals, and Packages sections.
How to extend storage when sending a file?
- In the file upload window, expand the Options tab.
- Select Delete After and choose between 30, 60, or 90 days—or set a custom date
- You can override the default Delete After option from the Options menu on a per package basis.
How to extend storage for a MASV Portal?
All your existing Portals will have this feature enabled by default once the team setting is activated. You can change it by:
- Clicking the Edit Portals button (pencil icon) on the right hand side of the Portal.
- In the next menu, you can use the drop-down menu to override the default Delete After setting.
How to extend storage for existing packages?
You can edit the delete date of your existing packages (Packages > Sent or Receive) at any time by clicking the calendar icon and then choosing a new date.
How much does MASV Extended Storage cost?
Please note that the first 10 days (after the package is uploaded) of storage is completely free of cost. Beyond the first 10 days you will be charged an incremental $0.10 per gigabyte per month stored and will be billed at the end of every billing cycle.
To give you an estimate of the cost here is what it breaks out into at different storage amounts and duration:
1 gigabyte of data stored for 30 days will cost you $0.07
10 gigabytes of data stored for 30 days will cost you $0.67
100 gigabytes of data stored for 30 days will cost you $6.67
1000 gigabytes of data stored for 30 days will cost you $66.67
100 gigabytes of data stored for 60 days will cost you $16.66
Math = ((GB data stored*$0.10)/30)*(days stored-10 days)
To calculate your costs use our pricing calculator located here:
Need to Send Large Files?
Create a free MASV account to get started