User Experience Designer
MASV is looking for a User Experience Designer to join and become a leader in our team. MASV is a SaaS application that specializes in helping media professionals deliver very large files anywhere in the world. With a net promoter score of 64, MASV is loved by its users and growing quickly. MASV is a startup with 30 employees and has a fun and light brand focused on delighting our users.
As MASV’s first in-house UX designer your job will be to implement UX processes and best-practices into our existing agile development workflow. We expect the candidate to be a self-starter advocating for customers and obsessed with delivering an exceptional end product.
This role will require you to be involved throughout the full development process: Conduct primary research with customers, Strategize the best UX approach for new features, prototype and design the new features, test and prove the feature’s success, and review completed features for compliance to spec. The candidate perfect for this role will need to be detail oriented and have strong written and verbal skills as well as strong creative design skills to translate specs into high fidelity prototypes. As the company expands management opportunities for a UX team is possible.
- Conduct primary and secondary user research as input for user experience strategy
- Translate customer and business needs into easily actionable requirements
- Cultivate organization-wide obsession with customer insight
- Act as Agile product owner and primary customer advocate
- Design compelling end-user solutions and workflows, communicated clearly, in the form of rapid and production grade prototypes, wireframes, and mockups
- Advocate for perfection in final designs
- Take a data-driven approach to deployment and testing of new user experiences
- Train and help grow development understanding and tools for consistent UX
- Design world-class interfaces
- 1-2 years design or related field experience
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, and prototyping tools (Invision, Zeplin, Axure)
- Experience with HTML, CSS and JS is an asset
- The ability to work collaboratively across teams, as well as independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English language)
- Experience working in an Agile environment an asset
- Ability to demonstrate a detail-oriented approach to feature design
- Strong and current design skills with knowledge of material design framework.
- Strong documentation skills.
During interviews we would like to see examples of your previous work including any research, documentation, prototypes, and finalized design of interfaces. Specifically we would like to see how you approached a design problem and helped expedite the development process by delivering detailed specifications.
Perks & Benefits
Here’s some of the things that makes working at MASV awesome!
We value our employees contributions and we put our money where our mouth is by making sure you are properly rewarded in your base salary.
Unlimited Snacks & Coffee
We always have a fully stocked snack cabinet, beer / soda fridge, and coffee / tea. Works no fun if you’re sleepy or hungry.
Stock Option Plan
Every new employee junior or senior gets options in the company and partial ownership. We are building this together so we should be rewarded together as the company grows.
We have a robust benefits program that provides full coverage or partial (80%) coverage for the majority of the things that matter most (prescriptions, dental, and vision).