Backend / API Engineer
At MASV we’re moving the world’s biggest digital assets.
If you are a passionate software engineer who loves to ship great quality code and APIs at high development velocity, then MASV might be the place for you.
On the strength of our growing array of products and integrations, MASV (www.massive.io) is seeking a versatile Backend/API Engineer. At MASV, Backend engineers build the core elements of MASV products, services, and APIs. Our backend team values reliability and a dedication to customers above all else.
About the Opportunity:
- This is an opportunity for a talented individual to join a growing team, report to our CTO, and support a product of exceptional quality developed within a product-led growth framework.
- MASV is an engineering-oriented company. Our APIs and services are transforming the way companies move enormous files across the Web. Our file transfer platform is powering a growing number of media workflows in companies large and small.
- As a platform company, we are responsible for delivering enormous content faster than anyone else, providing the notifications and security that customers need. All of this is powered by our developer-friendly APIs, that let our customers build custom workflows perfectly adapted to their needs.
- MASV’s backend engineers build our APIs and services and work with our partners to invent powerful new integrations that save customers time, hassle and worry.
- In this role, you will make some of the most important decisions for our company and our customers. You’ll work with other engineers internally to build high-impact features, and you’ll work with some of the biggest brands in media and entertainment to make the MASV platform work for them.
- MASV seeks talented and self-motivated engineers who have experience building successful products and shipping features every week. You’ll need to be comfortable making decisions on the fly and dealing with complex systems. You’ll need outstanding attention to detail and you’ll need to enjoy learning new technologies every day.
As a Backend/API Engineer at MASV, you will:
- Design, build, and maintain MASV APIs, services, and systems
- Troubleshoot issues on production and staging environments
- Work with other engineers on our team to build new features at enormous scale
- Champion and continuously improve engineering standards, tools, and processes
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have experience and enjoy building APIs
- You can envision complex systems and services and write amazing code to match
- Possess high standards for yourself and your team
- Are seeking an engineering quest: a journey together with like-minded engineers, building a product that developers around the world will love. You’ll encourage and inspire those around you, and your peers will do the same for you
MASV is based mostly in Go language, but we care much more about your engineering mindset, your grit and your desire to build something great. What if you don’t have the above experience? If you have the skill and drive, then you still might be a fit. Contact us and a few short engineering challenges might put you solidly in the running.
The successful candidate for this role is likely to possess:
- 5+ years in backend/API engineering roles
- An understanding of SDK and API concepts. You may have developer relations experience
- A passion for software development and a desire to make an impact in the developer world
- Deep technical expertise that allows you to collaborate with customers and developers
- Strong empathy for customers
- Strategic vision. You relate technology to use cases and envision a complete user experience
- An entrepreneurial attitude. You invent solutions on the fly and are excited by new challenges.
- A commitment to great design and user experience
- Experience with B2C and B2B SaaS products on web and mobile
- Curiosity. You are a habitual learner who keeps up with trends and teaches yourself new things
- Optimism and a motivation to build a better future
- A sense of humour, exercised regularly
- Admiration for companies like Stripe, Twilio, SendGrid, GitHub or others
Benefits and Perks
Everyone who works at MASV benefits from a culture of continuous improvement, including professional development and peer mentorship opportunities.
We value our employees contributions and we put our money where our mouth is by making sure you are properly rewarded in your base salary.
Work From Anywhere
MASV embraces a true remote work lifestyle. We support our team remotely and ensure that your work from home environment is productive.
Stock Option Plan
Every new employee junior or senior gets options in the company and partial ownership. We are building this together so we should be rewarded together as the company grows.
We have a robust benefits program that provides comprehensive coverage for the majority of the things that matter most (prescriptions, dental, and vision).