At MASV we’re shaping the future of video production in the cloud.
If you are a self-motivated hardcore coder who loves to solve challenging development problems, then MASV might be your home.
MASV (www.massive.io) is seeking a thoughtful, skilled and execution-oriented Software Architect whose primary focus will be the design and implementation of foundational technology building blocks for our company. Working closely with our CTO, you will build platforms that will be used by our growing development team and users around the world.
You will be a senior technologist and leader in the company. You will help define our long term strategic technology roadmap.
MASV is looking for an Architect capable of:
- Working with the CTO to define and implement a long term technology roadmap focused on architecture, platform, and data-design
- Defining, evolving and implementing architectural principles
- Researching global technology trends and their applying your learnings to MASV’s products
- Modelling outstanding development practices for the entire engineering function
- Partnering with customer success, product management and growth teams to rapidly solve challenging technology problems, simplify our customers’ lives and drive big growth
- Demonstrating leadership in Agile
- Sharing your life learnings including how to nurture a passion for creativity
- Exercising excellent technical skills paired with business insight
- Independently complete development tasks and actively contribute to deploying code to production
- Aspire to a leadership role, guiding team members to best practices in all areas
- Collaborate with the Product team to develop user-centric features
- Contribute to development estimations and support product delivery
- Work with designers to optimize and improve the user experience
- Deliver quality code, by conducting adequate automated testing
- Identify performance bottlenecks and bugs, and their remedies
- Learn from feedback and voice your opinions in a constructive fashion
- A capable engineer, with previous background building web or mobile applications
- A university or college degree in computer science or a related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in full stack development and software architecture patterns
- Experience leading the strategy, planning, and execution of technology initiatives
- A great communicator, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently and in close collaboration within an agile development team
- Object Oriented design using common design patterns and SOLID principles
- Familiarity with Git code versioning system
- Profound insight of TCP, TLS and HTTP protocols is a plus
- Must be a Canadian resident and legally eligible to work in Canada
Benefits and Perks
Everyone who works at MASV benefits from a culture of continuous improvement, including professional development and peer mentorship opportunities.
We value our employees contributions and we put our money where our mouth is by making sure you are properly rewarded in your base salary.
Work From Anywhere
MASV embraces a true remote work lifestyle. We support our team remotely and ensure that your work from home environment is productive.
Stock Option Plan
Every new employee junior or senior gets options in the company and partial ownership. We are building this together so we should be rewarded together as the company grows.
We have a robust benefits program that provides comprehensive coverage for the majority of the things that matter most (prescriptions, dental, and vision).