MASV Launches New Service to Upload Large Files to Amazon Simple Storage Service
OTTAWA, Canada – February 26, 2020 – MASV (massive.io), the Pay-As-You-Go large file transfer service, today announced a major update that allows delivery of enormous (20GB+) files to Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3). Amazon S3 is an object storage service that offers industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Deliver to S3 (massive.io/amazon-s3) now allows Amazon S3 users to invite any number of contributors to upload assets to a MASV Portal and automatically deliver them into an Amazon S3 bucket. A MASV Portal is a simple, secure, custom-branded landing page dedicated to collecting content. This eliminates the need to download to local storage, then re-upload to Amazon S3.
“MASV Portals is growing in popularity because it provides a simple, custom-branded way to gather assets from any number of contributors,” said Greg Wood, CEO at MASV. “Deliver to S3 makes it easy for non-technical contributors to securely upload to your Amazon S3 bucket.”
The new feature offers the same simple delivery workflow as other MASV large file transfers: users pay nothing to upload to MASV and pay just $0.25/GB to deliver to their storage of choice — no subscription required. Files of 1TB+ are regularly delivered through MASV in the browser, and even larger packages are transferred via the MASV app.
MASV Portals also includes embeddable portals, an applet that can be embedded directly onto your website as easily as a YouTube embed.
Files are retained for free on MASV for 10 days then securely deleted. Extended storage is available for $0.10/GB/month, and as always, MASV offers the highest speeds and reliability, with no required plugins and no expensive annual contracts.
A 100GB free trial makes it easy to test MASV with your biggest files. It’s available now at massive.io.
How It Works
- Sign up for a free MASV trial. (massive.io) MASV Portals can be configured within MASV’s 7-day 100GB trial period. It’s free and no payment or credit card is required.
- Configure Portal. Configure a MASV Portal with your Amazon S3 account info. This will set up the Portal to deliver to your bucket of choice.
- Invite contributors. Use MASV Teams to invite contributors to set user roles and restrictions, then invite contributors to submit files to your bucket.
- Collect Files. Contributors will upload files and they’ll automatically deliver to your Amazon S3 bucket. You’ll receive notifications of transfers sent and completed via email or Slack — so you can go do something else.
Deliver to S3 also includes:
- Automation for each of your active MASV Portals. Rules can be set to automate deliveries so no one ever has to click a download button
- A dashboard view to configure/delete automations
- A quick-view menu for easy status checks on your automations
- Blazing-fast delivery to Amazon S3
In addition to support for more cloud storage, MASV will in the future allow Amazon S3-powered enterprises to run MASV on their own infrastructure. Contact [email protected] for more details.
MASV (massive.io) is a faster, better way to send the world’s biggest files. Its ability to transfer very large files, along with a unique pay-as-you-go pricing model, offers unparalleled flexibility when you and your team have to send big files quickly. MASV’s mission is to unshackle professionals from mundane file transfer and collaboration tasks so they have more time to work on the work they love. MASV is happily based in Ottawa, Canada.
*MASV costs $0.25/GB (USD) and charges for each egress from the MASV Transfer service. That means more packages transferred incurs more cost, regardless of whether you deliver to local or cloud storage. You can create your own estimates with our pricing calculator at massive.io/pricing/
Recent Blog Posts
Here are other blog posts by MASV.
Keith Putnam is a video production professional who has spent the past several years as a Digital Imaging Technician (DIT) and second unit Director of Photography and on the CBS series Bull and Madam Secretary. He’s also worked on productions such as Teenage Mutant...
The Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) is one of the most prestigious film festivals in the world; attracting thousands of attendees every year and hosting special screenings and events with prolific filmmakers and on-screen stars. Adam Schoales is a Video...
The God of Mischief has got himself into a bit of pickle after unknowingly causing the sacred timeline to branch out into a multiversal frenzy. The Rough Cut host, Matt Feury interviews a trio of Loki editors, Paul Zucker, ACE, Emma McCleave, and Callum Ross on their...