Quality Assurance Specialist
At MASV we’re shaping the future of video production in the cloud.
If you are a self-motivated hardcore coder who loves to solve challenging development problems, then MASV might be your home.
On the strength of our growing array of products and integrations, MASV (www.massive.io) is seeking a versatile Quality Assurance Specialist. This is an opportunity for a talented individual to join a growing team, report to our CTO, and support a product of exceptional quality developed within a product-led growth framework.
As our QA specialist, you will:
- Test MASV products to validate highest quality within a continuous integration environment
- Own and run file-transfer performance testing infrastructure at a global scale to measure speed and reliability across the planet (and later, the universe)
- Identify product problems and suggest resolutions
- Champion product quality and drive for continuously improving customer satisfaction
- Rigorously execute to deadlines, balancing the schedule with best possible customer experience — and knowing that the customer should always win
- Identify QA inefficiencies and recommend improvements
- Set standards for product quality and track quality in real time wherever possible
- Work with customer success and product teams to troubleshoot and confirm issues
- Automate as much testing as you can. Coach and lead our dev team to ship quality code
- Play a bit of “rover”, supporting the team where ever possible and be open to learning multiple roles in our company. In the future, you are probably going to grow into one of them.
To be successful in this role, you probably have:
- 3+ years experience in QA, ideally in automated testing environments, working with highly scalable web application and services
- Experience with one or more modern test automation frameworks (Selenium, Puppeteer, etc.)
- A reputation as a disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently and in close collaboration within an agile development team
- Familiarity with Git code versioning system
- Profound insight of TCP, TLS and HTTP protocols is a plus
- Experience with:
- Mac, Windows, Linux
- Scripting (Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Cloud collaboration software (MS Teams, Asana, etc),
- Digital media software (Adobe Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve, Avid Media Composer, etc)
- Web, HTTP and API
- Great grasp of QA practices, plus CI/CD systems (Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Circle-CI, GitHub actions, etc.)
- Nice to have: Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Must be a Canadian resident and legally eligible to work in Canada
Benefits and Perks
Everyone who works at MASV benefits from a culture of continuous improvement, including professional development and peer mentorship opportunities.
We value our employees contributions and we put our money where our mouth is by making sure you are properly rewarded in your base salary.
Work From Anywhere
MASV embraces a true remote work lifestyle. We support our team remotely and ensure that your work from home environment is productive.
Stock Option Plan
Every new employee junior or senior gets options in the company and partial ownership. We are building this together so we should be rewarded together as the company grows.
We have a robust benefits program that provides comprehensive coverage for the majority of the things that matter most (prescriptions, dental, and vision).