2. Collection of Information
We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes, for aggregate reporting without personal identification, and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any Personal Information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address and e-mail address. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register or use certain parts of the Services or be able to access and use any part of the Services at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Services. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Services through a variety of means, including but not limited to: registration processes (e.g. when signing up to use our web application); communications with you (e.g. if you contact us with questions or comments); service purchases; user support; and surveys.
Specifically, when using the Services, we may process personal information which includes but is not limited to: (a) your Internet Protocol (IP) address; (b) your email address and the email address(es) of any recipient(s); (c) file names, types and sizes; (d) the contents of any personalized message to the recipient(s), (e) the IP address of the uploader(s) or downloader(s), (f) country and language settings, and (g) the software agent(s) being used.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, including but not limited to the type and version of browser or operating system or software agent being used by users of the Services, as well as aggregate information about the number of visitors and pages visited or accessed by users of the Services. Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information. We may collect business contact information from public sources if the context indicates that you would be interested in our Services.
3. Use of Information
We collect information through the following means and for the following main purposes (and any other specific purposes indicated when you submit information to us):
- Registration: In order to use our Services you must provide certain information to us such as your name, email address and a password of your choice. Your contact information and payment information will be collected either by us or by our third party payment processors. None of your account registration information will be shared with any other users of the Services. Additionally, when you sign-up for a MASV account, you may choose to authenticate to our platform provided by Google. In those cases, you authorize us to access Personal Information and other data held by Google at the time of registration. By authenticating with a third-party service such as Google, you acknowledge that you are authorized to perform this authentication and to grant MASV any associated privileges to that data. The use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the requirements. Users can revoke access via the steps outlined in Google security settings.
- Statistics: We collect statistics about use of the Services. This information will be kept confidential, however, we may keep aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual and make such aggregate statistics available to other members or third parties.
- Transfer History: We collect a detailed record of files being transferred with your account in order to help you keep track of your overall usage (your “Transfer History”). As part of the Transfer History, we save a record of all transfers through your account (including when a file was uploaded, sent and delivered by all users) as well as a record of the IP addresses of all recipients. You may access your Transfer History at any time through the Service Website. This information will be kept confidential, however, we may keep aggregate statistics about Transfer History that do not personally identify any individual or account and make such aggregate statistics available to other members or third parties.
- File Information: We collect basic information on the files transferred through our services, including but not limited to file names, sizes and types. We only store your files for as long as required by the Services. We do not collect any information about the contents of your files.
Transfers to Cloud Storage: You may choose to have received package files transferred to a Google Drive account, in which case you authorize MASV to access Personal Information such as your name and email address, in addition to creating files and folder structures in Google Drive, and managing files and folders created by MASV.
- Service Improvement: We may use information collected through the Services to improve the overall performance of our Services.
4. Disclosures & Transfers
We may share Personal Information about you in respect of the Services with third party partners who provide analytics, email marketing, hosting, logging services and internal database management services and, if applicable, the company that employs you if that company is a user of our services. Some of our servers are also located in the USA and accordingly your Personal Information may be available to US government or its agencies under a lawful order, irrespective of the safeguards we have put in place for the protection of your Personal Information.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve any part of the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you. You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never share your login details and/or password with third parties.
We will only retain copies of your files on our services for as long as you specify when using the Services, and these files may be deleted at any time upon request or based on your requirements.
7. Amendment of this Policy
8. Access and Accuracy
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as in cases where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavour to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at: [email protected].