Director or Manager of People, Culture and Operations
At MASV we’re accelerating the shift of video production to the cloud.
If you are a passionate HR or operations professional, who believes that the key to great software is great people and culture, then MASV might be the place for you.
On the strength of our growing revenue, customer base and profits, MASV is seeking our first Director/Manager of People, Culture and Operations. This role will work closely with our CEO, CTO and leadership team to build a hyperscale organization while maintaining our heart, our character and our strong product, financial and operational discipline.
As the Director of People, Culture and Operations at MASV, you will:
- Own the employee experience program, including applicant experience, onboarding, learning & development, coaching, performance management, and career planning.
- Believe in “Operations Magic,” MASV’s idea of the far-reaching cultural impact derived from great process, documentation, business rules and, most important, consistent execution.
- Establish an exceptional remote work culture in our fully digital business. Your efforts will place our culture among Tier 1 remote work brands and be worthy of global renown.
- Develop an Employee Handbook, HR policies and ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations. Work with our CTO to execute tight security and privacy policies.
- Act as an expert recruiter of engineering talent in our developer-first business.
- Provide direction on near- and long-term compensation, developing a total rewards strategy.
- Develop and maintain metrics to measure employee and team engagement & performance.
- Oversee internal employee health, benefits & other programs.
- Bring new and innovative ideas to proactively recruit strong candidates in hidden markets.
- Emphasize diversity and inclusivity, seeking traditional and nontraditional approaches to increase the likelihood we can bring new perspectives to the team.
The successful candidate for this role is likely to possess:
- 3+ years HR experience or operations experience
- Empathy and critical thinking skills
- A profound love of people and understanding of the human condition
- A dedication to team and value creation
- Resilience and foresight
- Curiosity. You are a habitual learner who keeps up with trends and teaches yourself new things
- Optimism and a motivation to build a better future
- A sense of humour, exercised regularly
- An entrepreneurial attitude. You invent solutions on the fly and are excited by new challenges.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proven analytical skills and experience working with employee data
- A mastery of recruiting
- The ability to administer remote HR processes, group benefits, and BambooHR or other HRIS
- Admiration for companies like Stripe, Twilio, SendGrid, GitHub or others
We recognize that imposter syndrome and the confidence gap can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates. If you don’t meet every one of these requirements but you’re excited about the opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
Benefits and Perks
Everyone who works at MASV benefits from a culture of continuous improvement, including professional development and peer mentorship opportunities.
We value our employees contributions and we put our money where our mouth is by making sure you are properly rewarded in your base salary.
Work From Anywhere
MASV embraces a true remote work lifestyle. We support our team remotely and ensure that your work from home environment is productive.
Stock Option Plan
Every new employee junior or senior gets options in the company and partial ownership. We are building this together so we should be rewarded together as the company grows.
We have a robust benefits program that provides comprehensive coverage for the majority of the things that matter most (prescriptions, dental, and vision).