April Update Delivers Improvements to Mac and Windows apps plus Enhanced Server Tools
OTTAWA, Canada – April 19, 2021 – Today MASV, the Pay-As-You-Go large file transfer service, is excited to release a new Linux version of our large file transfer app, plus useful improvements to our powerful transfer apps for Mac, Windows and server environments.
MASV’s April update extends our ability to serve video creatives and other deadline-driven IT professionals who need to be sure their enormous (20GB+) files will be collected or delivered with maximum reliability, each and every time.
Our new Linux app closely mirrors the elegance and exceptional reliability established by our Mac and Windows apps. At the core of the MASV App for Linux are automation tools that help producers collect video content from contributors and automate downloads from a MASV portal. The app is crazy fast and relentlessly sends and receives files even in poor or fluctuating network conditions. It respects your other network traffic and its similarity across all three platforms makes it a breeze to deploy and support.
The net result is less waiting, so projects get done and billed sooner. Dowload the MASV desktop app for free.
“Linux is used in Media and Entertainment and here at MASV for good reason. Security, reliability and performance are critical components for systems powering today’s media workflows,” said Majed Alhajry, Chief Technology Officer at MASV. “Today’s deployment of a new Linux app, improved apps for Mac and Windows and an enhanced MASV Agent for Server-side transfers offers DITs, or anyone who needs to move enormous content, with powerful new ways to automate large file transfer by Cloud.”
Key features of the MASV App:
- Simple user interface. The MASV app offers a simple user interface that’s easy to use for any user, regardless of technical proficiency
- Cross-platform consistency. The MASV app has a consistent look and feel across Linux, Mac and Windows, making it easy to deploy and support
- Unstoppable Transfer Performance. Integration between the app and the MASV Cloud service ensures resilience following Internet disruptions. The App pushes through slow internet connections so your files will still get delivered even if you don’t have the bandwidth to take advantage of MASV’s industry-best speed
- Transfer Dashboard. A comprehensive dashboard view displays all transfer progress in one view, including speeds and estimated delivery times.
- Support for MASV Portals. MASV Portals is a simple landing page used to collect assets from contributors. Contributors can upload to a Portal through the MASV app, providing unparalleled reliability.
- Automated transfers to the cloud. Deliver automatically to Cloud services like Frame.io, or cloud and local storage: no click of the download button is required. Supports local storage, Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Wasabi, Backblaze, Digital Ocean and many more. Check Cloud Integrations.
- Workflow automation. Easily configure Watch Folders to automatically download files that are delivered to your MASV Portal(s), and deliver files to any recipient or directly to a MASV Portal just by dropping them into a configured Watch Folder.
- Pause & Resume. Intuitive and context-sensitive buttons help make the process easy.
- Simultaneous deliveries. Effortlessly run concurrent transfers.
- Folder structure retention, without zips on download. Invite recipients to get the app for faster deliveries and to retain folder structure without needing the time or hard drive space to unzip their deliveries
- Dark and Light Modes. We love dark mode, but we also love the legibility of text in light mode. MASV app offers both
Updates to MASV Agent
The MASV Transfer Agent (masv-agent for short) is a cross-platform service that manages file transfers to and from MASV network. Interaction with the service is performed via REST API calls. It supports uploading and downloading multiple packages simultaneously, while abstracting away filesystem interactions.
The MASV Agent makes it easy to run headless server-side transfers. Recent updates to our agent provide new watch folder capabilities. Read more at our developer documentation.
New! UX Improvements for Mac and Windows and Linux
Current users of the Mac and Windows apps will find useful UX improvements in our April update, including the following productivity enhancements:
- An upgraded App Header
- The new app header provides a new help icon for you easier access to MASV’s support site, while a new drop-down menu provides improved access to settings, About and Sign In/Out
- An upgraded settings page
- In the Portal Upload workflow, we have introduced a new file-picker menu that hides optional settings, thus enabling 1-click sending!
- In our Team Upload workflow, we have:
- Redesigned the upload workflow to combine all upload steps into 1 easy screen
- Hidden optional information making the whole experience cleaner
- Introduced 1-click send when sending via link
- In our Automation Workflow, we’ve added:
- A new automation screen
- A new easy way to quickly enable and disable automations
- A new stepper that shows you exactly where you are when setting up a new automation
All of these updates are available now!
A 100GB free trial makes it easy to test MASV with your biggest files.
How It Works
Sign up for a free MASV trial. (massive.io). It’s free. No credit card is required.
- Download the desktop app.
- Send/Receive deliveries from MASV App V.2 using your MASV account credentials.
- Configure Portals. MASV Portals can be configured within MASV’s 7-day 100GB (that’s a lot) trial period. After that, it is just $0.25/GB of egress data*.
- Automate Portal Deliveries. Share your Portal URL with your clients to receive files from them. Configure automation for that Portal in MASV app so that the files are downloaded on your computer automatically as soon as your clients finish uploading.
- That’s it! You can send/receive multiple deliveries at the same time as well as configure automations to download your Portal deliveries.
MASV will soon offer new security certifications for media and entertainment customers. Contact [email protected] for details.
MASV.io is a faster, better way to send the world’s biggest files. Its ability to transfer massive (20GB+) files, along with a unique pay-as-you-go pricing model, offers unparalleled flexibility when you and your team have to send big files quickly. MASV’s mission is to unshackle professionals from mundane file transfer and collaboration tasks so they have more time to do the work they love. MASV is happily based in Ottawa, Canada.
*MASV costs $0.25/GB (USD) and charges for each egress from the MASV Transfer service. That means more packages transferred incurs more cost, regardless of whether you deliver to local or cloud storage. You can create your own estimates with our pricing calculator.
Greg Wood – CEO